Siena Heights University
Information Technology Resources
New Student Information & IT Help
As a new student, here are a few tech-related things that will help get you started.
Technology Training & Assistance
This area is designed with the computer training needs of faculty, staff, and students in mind.
Accessing your Siena Heights University email
Students, faculty, and staff can access email through their Siena Heights account on Office.com or through the Outlook application.
Setup Account Recovery for Your Account
Once you have successfully added security information to your account, you will be able to reset your password if you forget or get locked out.
IT Updates & News
- New hardware upgrades coming soon!New upgrades IT is excited to announce an upcoming hardware upgrade of Ledwidge coming this summer 2023. This upgrade is part of IT’s continual commitment…Continue Reading New hardware upgrades coming soon!
- Introducing Multi-factor authentication (MFA)Beginning this mid-October 2022, Siena Heights IT will rollout MFA authentication to all faculty, staff, and students. This decision, made by upper administration at the…Continue Reading Introducing Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Recent Influx of Spam and Phishing EmailsThe IT division was made aware of multiple spam and phishing attacks aimed at our University community. These attacks were sent from compromised user accounts…Continue Reading Recent Influx of Spam and Phishing Emails
- Authentication Changes to MySiena and CanvasSiena Heights University now utilizes Microsoft’s Online Active Directory to authenticate logins to MySiena and Canvas. This login process is the same that has been…Continue Reading Authentication Changes to MySiena and Canvas
Information Technology Vision Statement
Against the backdrop of Siena Heights University’s vision and mission, with a focus on students’ full development, we will be a leader in enabling the university communities to fulfill their professional responsibilities and educational needs and goals. To these ends, we will foster the understanding and effective use of computing and communication technologies and associated services. We will continue to research and experiment with innovative technologies while maintaining consistent and professional support for current services.
Useful Links & Information
Canvas Support Information
- For Students: 1-877-703-3906
- For Faculty: 1-833-261-5314
Other Links and Information
MySiena – Landing page for all things SHU
DoIT Contact Information
Hours: 8am – 5pm weekdays
Phone: 517 264 7655
To submit an issue outside of open hours, please fill out a help desk ticket form available at our Help Desk Portal.