August 24, 2020

sacred heart hall

Picture

The strength of the Siena community is its people. In an effort to bring Siena Heights University a little closer together, faculty and staff – who are willing – to share a bit about themselves personally and professionally, including their roles at Siena. This “Siena Strong” profile is…

Getting to Know… Sarah Baker Korth
Department or Office: Center for Student Success
Email: skorth@sienaheights.edu
Official title: Director for Student Success/Academic Advisor/SEVIS Official
Office Phone: 517-264-7187
Office Room#/Building/Location: Archangelus Hall, Room 100A
Degrees Earned (type, institution, year): Bachelor of Business Administration, Siena Heights College, 1982; Master of Arts, Human Resource Development, Siena Heights College, 1997
In 100 words or less, my role at Siena Heights is… My role at Siena is to help students navigate the sometimes choppy waters of college life by listening to concerns and guiding the student to resources to solve those concerns
One thing people at Siena would be surprised to know about me is…I have a 9-year-old pet goat, Miss Purty.
What is your favorite food? Mexican
What is your favorite movie/TV show? The Notebook
If I were on a desert island and could bring just one book, it would be… The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
My favorite thing/person/event about Siena Heights is… After 28 years of service to Siena Heights, I love seeing the joy and excitement on the faces of our students as they cross the stage to receive their diploma at graduation.