August 10, 2020

students walking

Picture

The strength of the Siena community is its people. In an effort to bring Siena Heights University a little closer together, faculty and staff – who are willing – to share a bit about themselves personally and professionally, including their roles at Siena. This “Siena Strong” profile is…

Getting to Know… Scott Oliver
Department or Office: Athletics
Email: soliver@sienaheights.edu
Official title: Assistant Athletic Director/Women’s Soccer Coach
Office Phone: 517-264-7879
Office Room#/Building/Location: Spencer Athletic Complex
Degrees Earned (type, institution, year): (All at Siena Heights) Bachelor’s, Biology 1997; Bachelor’s, Chemistry 2008; Master’s, Organizational Leadership 2011
In 100 words or less, my role at Siena Heights is… Run all facets of the women’s soccer program and help with the administration of the athletic department.
One thing people at Siena would be surprised to know about me is… When I was first hired at SHU in 2001 I was also the sports information director. My two big accomplishments were creating and updating the first ever athletic websites and also creating media guides for every team (before only basketball had them).
What is your favorite food? Steak
What is your favorite movie/TV show? Liar Liar
If I were on a desert island and could bring just one book, it would be… Harry Potter
My favorite thing/person/event about Siena Heights is… The Athletic Hall of Fame banquet and those personal stories are my favorite thing at SHU.