August 31, 2020

Picture

The strength of the Siena community is its people. In an effort to bring Siena Heights University a little closer together, faculty and staff – who are willing – to share a bit about themselves personally and professionally, including their roles at Siena. This “Siena Strong” profile is…

Getting to Know… Rebekah Thomas
Department or Office: Residence Life
Email: rthomas8@sienaheights.edu
Official title: Residence Life Coordinator
Office Phone: 517-264-7175
Office Room#/Building/Location: Campus Village Office
Degrees Earned (type, institution, year)
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Oakland University, 2016; Master of Science in Organizational Communication, Murray State University, 2020.
In 100 words or less, my role at Siena Heights is… to be a resource to students! I look over CV and St. Catherine Hall to make sure we are building safe and inclusive environments so all students can succeed! Students can come talk to me about concerns they have, or if they just need a listening ear.
One thing people at Siena would be surprised to know about me is… I played rugby in undergrad, moved to Ireland after my undergrad, and can walk on stilts!
What is your favorite food? Good Ramen
What is your favorite movie/TV show? Good Will Hunting; How I met your mother; Parks & Rec; My Hero Academia; Avatar: The Last Airbender
If I were on a desert island and could bring just one book, it would be… The Catcher in the Rye
My favorite thing/person/event about Siena Heights is… My staff and students! I love investing into their potential, and in turn, learning so much from them!