Siena Strong: July 20, 2020

Picture

The strength of the Siena community is its people. In an effort to bring Siena Heights University a little closer together, faculty and staff – who are willing – to share a bit about themselves personally and professionally, including their roles at Siena. This “Siena Strong” profile is…

Getting to Know… Matthew Ripper
Department or Office: Division of Business and Management
Email: mripper@sienaheights.edu
Official title: Professor of Business
Office Phone: 517-264-7622
Office Room#/Building/Location: Sacred Heart Hall room 407D
Degrees Earned (type, institution, year): Doctorate, Business Administration (Lawrence Tech University, 2020); Masters, Public Administration (University of Michigan-Dearborn, 2007); Bachelors, English w/History Minor (University of Michigan-Dearborn, 2001)
In 100 words or less, my role at Siena Heights is… I’m an Assistant Professor of Business and teach a variety of classes from Introduction to Business to Social Media Marketing and Business Etiquette. In addition, I function as the coordinator for BAM internships locally and abroad. As a facilitator of knowledge, I encourage personal growth above all things and the ability to think “outside of the box.”
One thing people at Siena would be surprised to know about me is… I am an avid gamer in Dungeons & Dragons role-playing scenarios, and my most useful class is a Ranger … though I often live as a Druid.
What is your favorite food?: I can’t say no to Macaroni & Cheese. Ever.
What is your favorite movie/TV show?: Shawshank Redemption
If I were on a desert island and could bring just one book, it would be… A sketchbook!
My favorite thing/person/event about Siena Heights is… Seeing students grow professionally from first to fourth year and making lifetime friendships