What To Bring To SHU!
Living on a university campus can be many things… Exciting, Scary, Fun, Intimidating, etc… The most important things to bring with you are:
· An Open Mind
· A Willingness to Compromise
· Good Communication Skills
Living with other people may be a new experience for a lot of you. It may be frustrating at times, but it can be extremely rewarding in the end.
Here is a handout to help with your planning!
The following are not allowed:
· Space heaters and electric blankets
· Refrigerators over 4.2 cubic feet
· Toasters, toaster ovens
· Electric skillets, George Foreman grills, hot plates
· Coffee makers with exposed hot plates
· Air conditioners (without approval from the Director of Health Services and Residence Life)
· Extension cords
· Four-way/six-way plugs
· Candles, incense
· Fabric wall hangings
· Flammable liquids
· Any item with open flames or heating coils
· Live or cut trees
· Alcohol containers and boxes (if under 21 years of age)
· Pets other than fish