Writing Consultant Bios and Hours

Meet Our Writing Consultants

Sophie Zelek

Hello! My name is Sophie Zelek, and I am a junior here at Siena Heights. I am an English secondary education major with a minor in ethnic and gender studies, and I am also a part of the womens soccer team here at SHU. I enjoy reading, writing, and watching movies with friends, and I’m looking forward to helping people with their writing in whatever ways I can!

My Schedule:

Tuesdays 9 -10 am
Wednesdays 1-3 pm
Thursdays 9-10 am
Fridays 9 am- 1 pm

Hailey Thompson

​Hello there! I’m Hailey Thompson, a sophomore Biology Major and Spanish Minor with the goal of going to vet school and specializing in herpetology (reptiles & amphibians). I am on the women’s soccer team here at Siena and I’m in the honors program as well. Even though I’m a science major and an athlete, I have many diverse interests, and one of them is writing! I’m a self-published author and I’ve had experience tutoring all essay types and formats. I’d be happy to assist you with writing all across the board, whether it be creative writing, formal writing, short essays, persuasive essays, and more!

My Schedule:
Mondays 12-1 pm
Tuesdays 11 am-4 pm
​Thursdays 11-1 pm

Grace Balog

Hello, my name is Grace Balog. I am a Senior who’s double majoring in English and Creative Writing and minoring in Art. I am currently the Editor-in-Chief of Siena Heights’ Eclipse Arts and Literary Journal and I spend my time drawing, writing, and exploring.

My Schedule:
Mondays 2-4 pm
​Weds  3-6 pm
Fridays 2-4 pm

Madison Hawk

Hi! My name is Madison Hawk, or just Maddie, and I am a junior Creative Writing Major here at Siena. In my free time, I enjoy reading, writing, running, lounging at the beach, and playing with my Corgi, Scout! I have experience with MLA format, poems, and short stories. I am so excited to meet you and help in any way I can! 

My Schedule:

Mondays: 6-7 pm
Weds:  6-9 pm
Thursdays: 5-7 pm
Fridays:   6-8 pm