Tutor Job Description
Basic Function: Responsible for being a tutor for Student Support Services students during their college career at Siena Heights University, by providing academic guidance and personal support on a continual basis.
Duties & Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: serving as a resource for assisting students in becoming independent learners through appropriate learning strategies and techniques without completing the assignment for the student.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in all tutor trainings, throughout the academic year.
- Serve as a resource for program participants through a teaching and learning environment which respects the dignity of all.
- Tutors must maintain regular contact with program participants.
- Assist in student success through actively living the mission of Siena and Student Support Services.
- Model scholarly behavior both on and off campus; to comport oneself in an appropriate academic, social and personal manner.
- Maintain continuous communication with the SSS Program Staff; attend bi-weekly tutor meetings and preserve accessibility via phone and online resources.
- Maintain a regular work schedule, accurate time sheets, and tutee log sheets for timely submission to the Program Coordinator or SSS Staff Designee.
- Abide by the Tutor Contract/Confidentiality Form.
- Other duties as assigned by SSS Program Staff.
Special Qualifications: Ability and strong willingness to work with incoming and/or upper-class SSS students to assist with their academic orientation to Siena Heights University. Appreciate and adhere to confidentiality of all information relating to the student public.
Tutor Requirements: A 3.0 GPA preferred. A Grade of “B” or higher in courses to be tutored.
Salary: Minimum wage is the starting hourly rate for new and returning Tutors.
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please feel free to contact, Shae McClary, SSS Academic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Benjamin Rosebrock, SSS Program Director at email@example.com.