SHU Complaint Procedures: Title IX/Sexual Assault/Discrimination
This incident report is for all incidents involving allegations of Quid pro quo, sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking and retaliation. This include incidents falling under TITLE IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (sexual assault, sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, dating or domestic violence and stalking).
Filing this incident report constitutes official notice to the University and may result in the institution to commence an investigation into the information and allegations contained within the report.
This report is NOT confidential. Submitting this report notifies the following entities within the University: Title IX Coordinator and Human Resources.
A completed form may also be hand delivered, faxed, emailed, or mailed to the Title IX Coordinator or any of the Title IX Advisory Board members listed below.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”) is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in federally funded education programs and activities. Title IX is intended to end sexual discrimination in all areas of education. It applies to education programs and athletics. Title IX and the regulations issued therein prohibit sexual harassment and sexual misconduct and violence. Compliance with the law is overseen by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Specifically, the OCR has focused higher education’s attention to the issue of sexual harassment and their obligations to respond efficiently and effectively. Title IX applies to both public and private institutions that participate in federally funded education programs such as Title IV, Federal Financial Assistance.
Title IX protects community members from all sexually based discrimination and violence. For more information of what Title IX violations are, please see our Title IX page here.
Here are the Siena Heights University Title IX Advisory Board Members:
- Sr.Mary Jones, Title IX Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Birdwell, Title IX Investigator, Director of Public Safety, email: email@example.com
- Dr. Fran Johnson, Director of Human Resources, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Orlando, Dean for Students, email: email@example.com
- Sandy Morley, Confidential Report, Director of Counseling, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cody Marie Mathis, Director of Accessibility, email: email@example.com
- Khalilah Outlaw, Senior Director of Advising and Operations, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Rousselo, Associate Professor of Psychology, email: email@example.com
Filing this report DOES NOT constitute filing an official police report with either the University or the City of Adrian Police Department. To file an official police report please contact Siena Heights University Department of Public Safety to assist with the process.
Please fill out as much information to the right as possible based on your knowledge of the situation.
* Required Fields.