In order to participate in the spring commencement ceremony when you have not completed your requirements to Siena Heights University, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- You must be a baccalaureate or master’s degree candidate.
- Complete the “Application for Graduation” form for the semester you will be completing your degree .
- Be in good academic standing at the time of application.
- Be within the last 12 academic hours of graduation at the time of the commencement ceremony.
- Provide evidence of registration for all course work needed or an updated degree plan to complete your degree requirements.
- Fill out the permission form to the right and submit with required information by April 16, 2023.
This form will be passed along to your Advisor and/or Division Chair to confirm that you have met the above requirements.
You will receive two emails after you submit this form. The first is a simple confirmation email. This email does not imply you have been accepted to participate. You will receive another email from the Academic Dean’s Office indicating your approval or denial to participate. If there are questions about your requirements then someone will contact you.
Academic honors are announced at commencement for those students that have completed all requirements for their baccalaureate degree. Students that are participating early will not have academic honors announced or printed in the program.
Permission to participate in spring commencement does not mean that you have graduated from Siena Heights University. Graduation is granted only when all requirements have been completed and recorded by the Registrar’s Office.
If you have any questions please email Conni Marquez or call (517) 264-7103.