Human Resources Mission
The mission of the SHU Human Resource Department is to provide leadership and innovation which will assist the institution in achieving its strategic goals. We will provide leadership in the development, implementation, and administration of sound human resource policies, procedures, and programs which support the University’s mission.
- The SHU Human Resource Department aspires to be “the best in class” among competing institutions with regard to human resource programs and practices.
- Through innovation and program development, make SHU the employer of choice among competing institutions.
- Be a key advisor to University decision makers on institutional initiatives and how they may impact people and culture.
- Lead the campus in strategic Human Resources planning through programs and practices that value our employee.
- Attract and retain innovative and diverse employees.
- Create and maintain progressive and dynamic policies and procedures that are applied fairly and consistently.
The Human Resource Department will embody the mission of Siena Heights University by:
- Focusing on the needs and aspirations of the people it serves.
- Assist in promoting the ideals of a learning organization and be committed to discovery and engagement.
- Values innovations through individual input and team collaboration.
- Seeks to enhance quality by building on individual, departmental, and institutional strengths.
- Makes the best use of resources to achieve goals.
- Provide continual opportunities for learning.
- Committed to diversity at all levels.
The Human Resource Department is responsible for all aspects of Human Resource Management in the institution including the development, implementation and coordination of policies and programs relating to employee relations, staff training and development, staff welfare, personnel administration and industrial relations in accordance with institutional policy, procedures and relevant employment legislation. Services Provided:
- Personnel Administration
- Payroll Administration
- Benefit Administration
- Safety Administration
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Employee Relations
Office Hours: 8am – 5pm weekdays
Phone: 517 264 5555