Minitab 19 Standalone Edition requires each computer to be registered with Minitab. Minitab requires the unique identifier from you computer known as the “MAC address”. This can be found with the instructions below. Submit your MAC address and University email and you will be emailed your license file.
Use the license file during the installation of Minitab 19 to activate your copy of Minitab 19. Upon completing the form below you will be sent to the download for the software.
To find the MAC address on your Windows computer:
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom-left corner of your computer. Select Run or type cmd into the search bar at the bottom of the Start menu to bring up the command prompt.
- Type ipconfig /all (note the space between the g and /).
- The MAC address is listed as series of 12 digits, listed as the Physical Address (00:1A:C2:7B:00:47, for example). Each network adapter (wireless, Ethernet, etc.) has a separate MAC address.
- Choose the Physical Address of the adapter you connect to the internet with.
To find the MAC address on your Apple computer:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select Network.
- Choose Airport for the wireless adapter MAC and click Advanced (the MAC address is listed as Airport ID).
- Choose Built-in Ethernet and click Advanced and Ethernet (listed as Ethernet ID) for the network cable adapter MAC.